Sunday, July 10, 2016

Top 20 TV Role Models

(two weeks ago)
me: Who are your TV role models?
friend #1: What?
me: You know the characters that you watch on tv that you look upto the most. 
friend # 1: what? who has those? 
me: doesn't everyone?

(a week later)
friend #1: I thought about what you said last week and I have an answer.
me: the fuck?
friend #1: my tv role model.
me: oh dope, who?
friend #1: Ray Donovan

(sometime between two weeks ago and right now)
me: lets say your sex life goes exactly as you drew it up in your mind's eye. Who are you? 
friend #2: what? 
me: give me a character from a tv show. at the peak of your sexual proweess, who are you? 
friend #2: .....Chandler Bing 
me: what?...why?
friend #2: caus hes funny....but hes shy
me: you're gonna die alone

We all have them. It's a big part of the reason we watch certain TV shows. Either we relate to them or we want to be more like them, our TV role models are the characters that make shows worth watching. Here are my top 20.

20. Barry Goldeberg, The Goldbergs


Never has someone achieved so much given so little.

19. Miranda Bailey, Grey's Anatomy


Fuck off Meredith, everyone knows Grey's is the story of Miranda.

18. Nick Miller, New Girl


Never have I seen someone achieve so little and be more ok with it. If your gonna be a failure, do it like this guy.

17. Mark Sloan, Grey's Anatomy


McSteamy or bust.

16. Harvey Specter, Suits


He has the Steve Jobsian ability to will things into existence. And he wears nice suits.

15. Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother


It might have been fake at times, but I've never seen someone love themself more.

14. Michael Scofield, Prison Break


The man got the LAYOUT OF A PRISON TATTOOED ON HIS BODY TO BREAK HIS BROTHER OUT OF SAID PRISON. Two words: ruff rider

13. Zoe Hart, Hart of Dixie


The perfect mix of crazy, cute and funny.

12. Uncle Jesse, Full House 


The original role model.

11. Tex, The Last Ship


So let me get this straight, a virus is killing 90% of the planet and this man spends the entire show trying to get laid? My kind of dude.

10. Alex Karev, Grey's Anatomy


Probably the best friend anyone could ever have.

9. Cappie, Greek


Immature? yea. Unmotivated? yup. Loser? fuck no. No one knows how to live life more than this guy.

8. Cookie Lyon, Empire


Possibly the baddest bitch in television history.

7. Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond


Don't even need a GIF for this one. Eat food, watch tv. That's the Frank Barone way.

6. Wade Kinsella, Hart of Dixie


Possibly the best character on television for the last 4 years.

5. Alex Danvers, Supergirl


The perfect bad ass sidekick.

4. Oliver Queen, Arrow


The most realistic superhero ever.

3. Charles Vane, Black Sails 


He's a baaaaaaaaad man.

2. Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill


The perfect woman.

1. Will Smith, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 


The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment